Last Updated: February 12, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data PowerMPS processes, how PowerMPS processes it, and for what purposes.
PowerMPS offers a wide range of products, including server products used to help operate enterprises worldwide, devices you use in your home, software that can be used at school, and services. References to PowerMPS products in this statement include PowerMPS services, websites, apps, software, servers, and devices.
This statement applies to the interactions PowerMPS has with you and the PowerMPS products listed below, as well as other PowerMPS products that display this statement.
1. Personal data we collect
PowerMPS collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with PowerMPS and the choices you make.
2. How we use personal data
PowerMPS uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request. A few examples of this are processing of payments, API interactions with your suppliers to process PO’s.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalize our products and make recommendations.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of two PowerMPS products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made.
3. Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with PowerMPS-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of PowerMPS and its customers.
Why do we need to share your data in the 1st place?
- If you process a payment from a customer; we have to share that data with the payment processor in order to complete the transaction.
- Device data(like a printer) is shared between 4 different PowerMPS products in order to fulfill the requested service needs.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
5. Products provided by your organization-notice to end users
If you use a PowerMPS product provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, and you use your work or school account to access that PowerMPS product, that organization can:
- Control and administer your PowerMPS product and product account, including controlling privacy-related settings of the product or product account.
- Access and process your data, including the interaction data, diagnostic data, and the contents of your communications and files associated with your PowerMPS product and product accounts.
If you lose access to your account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work or school account to sign in to such products.
Many PowerMPS products are intended for use by organizations, such as schools and businesses. Please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement. If your organization provides you with access to PowerMPS products, your use of the PowerMPS products is subject to your organization’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. When you use social features in PowerMPS products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the PowerMPS product. PowerMPS is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
When you use a PowerMPS product provided by your organization, PowerMPS processing of your personal data in connection with that product is governed by a contract between PowerMPS and your organization. PowerMPS processes your personal data to provide the product to your organization and you, and for PowerMPS legitimate business operations related to providing the product as described in the Enterprise and developer products section. As mentioned above, if you have questions about PowerMPS’s processing of your personal data in connection with providing products to your organization, please contact your organization. If you have questions about PowerMPS’s legitimate business operations in connection with providing products to your organization, please contact PowerMPS as described in the How to contact us section. For more information on our legitimate business operations, please see the Enterprise and developer products section.
6. Enterprise and developer products
Enterprise and Developer Products are PowerMPS products and related software offered to and designed primarily for use by organizations and developers. They include:
- Cloud services, also known as Online Services, such as the DCA, web or cloud based services, data processing tools, and other PowerMPS software for which an organization (our customer) contracts with PowerMPS for the services.
- Other enterprise and developer cloud-based services, access or the PowerMPS API interface.
- Appliances and hardware used for storage infrastructure, such as StorSimple (“Enterprise Appliances”).
- Professional services that are available with Enterprise, such as onboarding services, data migration services, data science services, or services to supplement existing features in the Enterprise services.
7. Productivity and communications products
Productivity and communications products are applications, software, and services you can use to create, store, and share documents, as well as communicate with others.
8. We don’t sell your data.
We do not sell your personal information.